Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quarter-life crisis, still occuring.

Aaron, refusing to be gentle about it, tells me to just go back to school and stop complaining about never doing anything with my life. Which... is maybe true, but still a little harsh.

Step one will have to be graduating from highschool somehow. At this point in my life, I really hate myself for leaving. It would have been so easy -- all I needed was four optional credits. The mandatory maths, sciences, and english are done all ready. Four, god damn optional credits. I would also like to briefly blame my school for not offering very much on the side of optional.
Now, the question is "how do I go about doing this?"
I could, in all probability, get my G.E.D. I have the book at home (or the massive study-guide as I like to call it). But I worry that I'm no longer smart enough in the maths and sciences areas to pass a test. I was (and probably am) very bad at testing. Class work? No problem. Exam? Usually didn't do so well.
I could go back to school. One semester isn't that long. But go back to highschool... really? I could barely stand it the first time around. And, I really don't want to be a 23 year old still in highschool. There are probably Adult Learning Centre's out there, but will they offer non-mandatory credits? Yes. I will have to look into this via the internet.

Aaron also says that he's way ahead of me on the way to becomming a Librarian so there won't be much competition there for me. And that many couples go into the same fields and end up never seeing each other at work. Also, that he'll work in the better library anyway (such a little bitch).

I'm still on a need to be writing kick. But again, am not sure what to do about it. Most story ideas have left my brain in search of authors capable of finishing them. Blah, I'm getting a little angsty aren't I?

But whatever. School first, side projects second.

Let's see what's out there, shall we?

No comments: