Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Elections, life stuff, and et cetera.

As is the usual, Aaron, Neil and I went to the pub last night to witness the election results... but really, what was the point. Hurray for spending millions of dollars and having nothing change at all. Though, I'm still deeply saddened by the amount of seats that the Conservatives stole (got, I mean got) Canada needs a new voting system, the percentage of votes versus the percentage of seats is ridiculous. I mean, according the the percentages the Bloc was beaten out by both the NDP and Green -- but looking at the seats... what happened? Blargh. I am not a happy voter.

Also, in news (more personal than political), I just got back from the dentist. It will cost me over $5,000 to fix the problems with my teeth. Note to readers: this is what happens when you don't see the dentist for four years because you have no insurance. She (the Doctor) tried to freeze me and BAM! I became pale and shaky and my heart sped up; I was very close to passing out in the chair. Apparently that is very very rare. Needless to say, we didn't accomplish very much today. Again, blargh.

On the bright side, I saw Aaron last night and will be seeing more of him tonight post-work. He can't get enough of me (and certainly vice-versa) it is an amazing feeling to be wanted this much.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I am so happy for you too... and yes the voting thing is lame...

So very happy to read that last part of this post :)